Here you can find information about how you can improve your chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Planning for pregnancy is an exciting time. If you're thinking about having a baby it can also be a good time to think about how you improve your health. Being as healthy as you can be will not only increase your chances of getting pregnant, it will give your baby the best start in life.
There are plenty of things you can do to improve yours and baby's health. Such as:
- Eating a healthy diet
- Not drinking alcohol
- Stopping smoking
- Reviewing all prescribed medications
- Taking part in exercise that is safe in pregnancy
- Having vaccinations as appropriate for instance whooping cough and seasonal 'flu
- Looking after your emotional wellbeing
- Taking vitamins and supplements as recommended by your midwife and GP - such as Folic Acid and Vitamin D
- Attending regular antenatal checks